But there's also another way to get strength, to become strong.
They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength... (Isa 40:31)
Now, waiting isn't something I "love" to do.
But looking back over the past 6 months, while WAITING has been one of the key themes, I can tell you some things that happened during the wait... some things that changed about me. Now, more than ever before:
- I know God, His Love, His Faithfulness, His Attentiveness, His Goodness and His thoughts toward me THE WAY I NEVER HAVE BEFORE. Sure, I believed He was good and faithful and loving... but I didn't know the EXTENT to which He is all those things. And I have been astonished!!
- I know that in His strength, I can be forgiving in a way that I never knew possible.
- I recognize that, in years gone by, I dismissed things the Lord was saying to me, because I didn't SEE that I needed to know them.
- I know that "head knowledge" of scripture, and even believing it, understanding it and applying it to life IS NOT THE SAME EXPERIENCE AS LIVING ITS TRUTHS DAY BY DAY when it seems impossible to do so.
- I know that I was truly one of the most self-centered people I know. But I also know that He has forgiven me. And I know that He is giving me grace to now live being others-centered, and that He is teaching me how to do it.
- I know that there's more to giving love and forgiveness out than simply doing it because we've matured and now we're loving and forgiving. Truly, we have to go regularly to Him, and get those things to give out to others.
- I know that He loves me beyond reason.
- I know that He answers me generously and takes time to heal me and minister to me.
- I know He will speak to me as often as I ask Him to. Umm, He may not say exactly what I WANT Him to, but He WILL speak to me!
- I know that He doesn't dole out His presence like a miser-- but that He rejoices to spend time with me!!!!
11. I know that He keeps His promises.